Dream Start Support Team
KCPI cosigned with the Ministry of Health and Welfare to operate Dream Start Support Team for the purpose of healthy growth and development of the children at risk
What is Dream Start Business?
Article 37 of Child Welfare Act (Provision of integrated services to children of low income families)Subjects
Children aged 0 to 12 from low income families (priority support given to welfare benefits recipients and near-poverty group), their families and pregnant womenService Areas
229 cities, towns and counties nationwideApplying Procedure
After having gone through consultation at home or other places, depending on the degree of seriousness in child’s development, the Dream Start Support Team provides integrated services linked to local resources and conduct the case management such as regular consultation, continuous monitoring, etc.Service Details
- (Physical/health service) Health checkup and immunization, health care, etc.
- (Cognitive/language service) Basic learning and tutorial supports, etc.
- (Emotional/behavioral service) Social-emotion, psychological behaviors, protection, cultural experiences, etc.
- (Parents and family service) Parental Education, childcare support, etc.
- (Service for pregnant women) Prenatal and postnatal services and more.
Management System of Dream Start
Details on the Main Projects of Dream Start Support Team
|Support for Project Operation||Supports for overall-project-management through local community-oriented council and policy meetings|
|Education and consultation||Education and consulting for the enhancement of staff’s competence|
|Research and evaluation||Research the effectiveness of the qualitative improvement the project makes, run a satisfaction survey, and conduct an evaluation on project operation|
|Public Relations and Sponsorships||Promote public relations to increase the public awareness and develop the central sponsorships for effective service network|